Montessori Works is a school development organization founded to increase accessible, authentic, quality Montessori education in Delaware. The board includes Montessori experts, educators, parents, and others who are working to make Montessori programs a more broadly available option in the public arena.
Montessori is a proven educational model traditionally available only to families with the means to pay for private school. Montessori Works is making Montessori an option for more families by:
- Sponsoring seminars and other opportunities for communities to explore how children learn through Montessori
- Creating a Montessori Training program in partnership with a local university, focusing on dual-certification requirements for Montessori teachers and administrators in public schools
- Offering a toolkit to enable school districts to successfully and easily incorporate the Montessori method as a whole-school approach or a school-within-a-school program
- Providing startup Montessori programs with master school planning services, including development of curriculum, policies, and community connections; operations planning and support; and professional development and human resource assistance
- Supporting and assisting existing public-sector Montessori programs